This week, I have read a lot about technology plans and how useful they are in accomplishing institutional goals. The article I found to be most helpful, had very little to do with how to create a plan, but rather how to stay sane through it all. I think that the mental game is very important and critical to maintain so you don't lose sight of the purpose and goals. In his article "Life is what happens to you when your'e making other plans", Michael Schuyler makes some great points that I think are very helpful reminders, no matter which side of technology you are on:
- "A technology plan is a political document"
- "Technology is not a result; it is an enabler"
These points are essential to remember when planning for technology. As one who often gets caught up in the hype and often "can't see the forest for the trees", these points are excellent observations to remember when you are crafting your plan.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment